Rose On A Thorn!

Monday, May 22, 2006

Don't Listen to the Radio




I should be reading or something now but I'm done w/ my work so...I'm listening to Simon + Garfunkel's 59th Street Bridge Song over and over.

Hey lampost. Whatcha knowing? I've come to watch your flowers growing...


Ahhh. 110 seconds of the perfect escape to the seventies, home of feel good folk.

That's really all I wanted to say. I love hearing Simon and Garfunkel, it's kind of like wrapping yourself in a forty year old quilt. Plus all the bah-bah-bahs and da-da-das are fun.

Feeling groovy,

Kit

P.S. Check out my friend Julia's blog at http://turnstodust.blogspot.com She's really funny, very cool, and obbsessed with Degrassi. I mean, she doesn't know much about music but I never hold that against her...jk Jules.

P.P.S. 24 2-HOUR FINALE TONIGHT! ARE YOU PREPARED TO WITNESS JACK BAUER'S INSANE WRATH??

P.P.S. You might be a bit confused about the photo. It's actually part of the movie poster for The Graduate (one of my favorite movies) starring Dustin Hoffman and Anne Bancroft. The movie soundtrack was done entirely by Simon and Garfunkel. Take note that the song "Mrs. Robinson" was done for this movie (talking about Bancroft's charactor). The original music and lyrics were actually titled, "Mrs. Roosevelt" until the producers suggested S+G should change it, for the sake of the movie, and it worked.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:41 PM , Blogger Julz said...

    THAT'S THE WORST PICTURER EVER OF ME CAT TAKE IT DOWN!!!!!! PUT THE OLD ONE UP AAHHHH!
    Ok sorry about that. Just know that I have had better pictures. Actually, I have never had a worse picture.

     
  • At 6:43 PM , Blogger Julz said...

    Oh yeah, I LOVE SIMON AND GARFUNKEL!!!
    They rock my sox big time.*I am a rock, I am an island...*

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home