Wrapped Up in Books

I'm really just hanging out right now, procrastinating, thinking, that sort of thing. I just came back from a KILLER party, thanks to a very good friend's coming-of-age, and let me tell you, she was ab-fab (absolutely fabulous)! It's not that I never go out, it's that this is the first time I'm writing about an outing (outing- what a Mary Poppins word. But I'm not even going to go into that ).
I've just finished the Little Prince (again) by Antoine de Saint Exupery and I love it every time. You can actually read the whole thing at www.angelfire.com/hi/littleprince/frames.html
although I find that owning a copy and rereading it over and over is terribly rewarding. And I adore the last line which goes:
"And no grown-up will ever understand that this is a matter of so much importance!"
It shows that, while adults are always telling children that they don't understand certain issues, Antoine d.S.E. hints that children can appreciate and comprehend things that are completely foreign to the adult mind. And I love that!
Here's my superb fiction list:::
FICTACILICIOUS FICTION (no chick lit trash here!) (The first book is my favorite and the rest follow in no particular order)
1. The Theif Lord by Cornelia C. Funke (amazing plot and beautiful story)
-Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer (a little horror fiction minus the horror but plus the biting detail)
-The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupery (as formerly mentioned)
-Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli (okay, I never wanted to read this because J.S. never wrote any good books before this but it's the story of a girl who does right and follows the beat of her own drum in a modern day highschool, leaving a permanent impression on everyone she meets, Really really good.)
-Criss Cross by Lynn Rae Perkins (I love this book. It really explores the things teens thingk about, which are similar both now and in the seventies (which it never comes right out to say the book is set in)
-As You Like It by William Shakespeare (so it's a play, who cares? One of my favorite Shakespeare's. PHEOBE FOR LIFE! kidding)
And the list goes on. I really have to go more later,
Kit
P.S. The Little Prince in all his glory.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home