Rose On A Thorn!

Monday, July 03, 2006

Everything You Want


Okay, maybe some of you know that I row. Wow. Today at crew was one of the best rowing days I've had in a veeery long time. Sure I've been rowing for a long while and even though I've been exaughsted before and my hands are all cut up, it was absolutely exhilerating. I was in a single and I was, basically, flying on the water. Okay, so I almost got hit by a huge yacht but THAT, my friends, was the yacht's fault. I actually stood up in the boat (!) and balanced the oars between my knees which was very cool and I also paddled from the front of the boat (think surfboard style) and just hung out for a while on the stern.

It was a really good day.


Now I'm just kind of listening to lots of Foreigner and getting ready to go out to a movie with some friends I haven't seen in a very long time. I should probably bring an umbrella (it's drizzling) but (unfortunatly) one of the friends I am meeting has my favorite red umbrella and should be bringing it.

May I take this moment to point out that the Rushmore soundtrack is divine? The Who, Cat Stevens, Face (how did I not know that Rod Stewart was in a band before becoming 'Rod Stewart'? WHY WASN'T I NOTIFIED???), etc. Good stuff.

SoNGS TO APPRECIATE IN THE RAIN (and in the sun but are especially delicious with gray skies)-

Live Forever- Oasis (maybe it's all of the drums and cymbals, I don't really know but it's a good rds (rain day song))

Imagine- John Lennon (My motto with John Lennon is Lennon, anytime, anywhere but I can see listening to this contemplative song in rain. Maybe a drizzle.)

You Oughta Know (Acoustic) -Alanis Morrisette (Acoustic! Acoustic! I really love all of the angst and anger Alanis puts into the non-acoustic version but there's something toned down about un-plugged that's good for rainy days.)

Title And Registration- Death Cab for Cutie (I love Death Cab all the time but this is a total rainy day song. Lyrics, music, rhythm, the whole deal.

The Gentle Preservation of Children's Minds- Irving (Okay, this song = very eerie but very good for this category)

CLASSIC PICK: Behind Blue Eyes- The Who (classical and sad. very sweet)

Hold On, Hold On- Neko Case (indie-alterna-country blend that works nicely. You may recognize Neko Case as singer in the New Pornographers (with song, The Laws Have Changed).

Under the Bridge- Red Hot Chili Peppers (i thought this one was a given...)

Rain- The Beatles (I've been back and forth about this one and i decided to put it on)

Gotta go, more later,

-Kit

P.S. I've got to find a barret like the one Max has in Rushmore just to say that I have one. Too funny.

P.P.S. the beatles - lennon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home