A Lack of Color

Well crew is over for the summer and as stupid as it sounds I feel an imense sadness of not seeing most of these people for three more seasons, some of them I'll never see again. I was there for so long and I really wouldn't trade any part of the summer (no moment, no person, no minor inconvience) for anything; and when it gets that sentimental and worth that much, you can;t help but break down a little inside. Love can only describe the way I feel about the sport and people. I feel a bit empty but soon it will pass and I'll just be more excited for next summer; it's nothing a good playlist can't cure.
MUSIC FOR CONTEMPLATORS AND AUTO-PILOTS (AKA. SUMMER'S OUT OF REACH)-
"Some People Just..." by it's a hit (yeah. fits the mood. generally just a good tune.)
"Jack-Ass" by Beck (what time isn't a good time for Beck?? but seriously i love everything about this song: the dreamy quality, ringing bell like tones, and especially the insane thought provoking lyrics.)
"Age of Consent" by New Order (makes me think of good things on the horizon. love the feeling.)
"Smile Like You Mean It" by the Killers (i hated when this song got popular because I think that hardly any of the listeners heard a real, true message in the song, but i did. i feel selfish like that with songs sometimes but i don't care anymore. it's who i am.)
"Your Summer Dress" by Dirty on Purpose (sometimes i just drift off into another world when listening to this song. i can't help it. the whole song embodies something that i need and want to have but that i can't reach out and touch. it's frustrating but it calms my nerves.)
"Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd (this one is very dear to me. my dad once told me it reminded him of his mother and now everytime I hear it I think of my grandmother, may she rest in peace.)
"MIddle of Nowhere" by Hot Hot Heat (you may be thinking "WHA?" but trust me i have a reason. although this song is slightly more upbeat than the others, the lyrics say otherwise. you kind of get a begging in the chorus and the 'middle of nowhere' probably isn't the happiest of places. but i really love the whole thing.)
"Such Great Heights" by the Postal Service (but Iron & Wine did a great cover. I love them both. The song makes every breath and heartbeat a little slower, last a little longer.)
So that's my mixtape for thinkers and dreamers, I'm kind of in a strange mood right now (three parts exaughstion and one part both content and starvacious) and I'm sure that all of you have been where I am right now. In a couple of days when I read this post I'll be like, "What could I possibly have been THINKING about?!?!" Ah well, life goes on.
So I saw Almost Famous the other night and it's now one of my favorite movies ever. I remember hearing the soundtrack (it was on rotation in the car's CD player along with a blur of buzz ballads and classic rock) when I was younger but never seeing the movie. It's completely fantastic, and the soundtrack is ridiculously cool. Just so you all know. Because I'm probably not the only person who hasn't seen it......right?
More later,
Kit
P.S. A too-cool-for-school Patrick Fugit playing slightly akward William Miller in the semi-biopic Almost Famous.
P.P.S. This just in! I was scoping out the UK music stores (as is my custom) when I stumbled upon a SECOND pre-release track from Kasabian. It's called "Black Whistler" and is kind of weird but still, do any other Yankees feel gyped?? Although I would love to hear a Brit's take on the song, any takers?

3 Comments:
At 9:09 AM ,
Anonymous said...
thanks for checking out my blog.
ps. i love jason mraz too.
At 6:18 PM ,
Sarah said...
okay. i'll link you, just be sure to return the favor.
-sarah (i love your blog, especially the ok go posts.)
At 2:34 AM ,
Frapp said...
Hey! I'd love to share links, and you have great taste! I heart New Order and The Killers.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home