Neat, Neat, Neat

I've been up to a lot this past few, so here it goes:
So I saw Taladega Nights the other day, which can only be described as pure, plain idiocy (but of course all in good fun). You, knowing me as the soundtrack searching girl, are probably already aware that I want to highlight a few cool artists, one of which was suprisingly on the Ricky Bobby soundtrack.
ARTIST: Razorlight SONG: In The Morning
While their newest album isn't out in the US of A (yet) one of the alternative group (hailing from London)'s singles "In The Morning" is recieved by our country as one of the summer's breezy anthems, which (packed into a seemingly long 3 minutes and 44 seconds) flies by faster than you can say "anarchy in the UK". The single has only just been released so the album (shortly worked on by Steve Lillywhite, producer extraordinaire) is surely on it's way, so hang tight.
ARTIST: Marie Lafouret SONG: Marie Douceur, Marie-colère
Shockingly this was the song from the TN soundtrack! A very cool French cover of "Paint It Black" by the Rolling Stones done by a female artist. Scandalous! The rocker/pop singer/folk artist/actress recorded her most famous song (this one) in the 1960's. The intense little tweaks (um, how about changing the lyrics into French?) make it into a whole new song, you can get the mp3 at: http://addiocrociera.blogspot.com/2005/10/sweet-marie-angry-marie.html
I'm on a legendary quest to seek the perfect cheap ballet flats, help?
Speaking of ballet, I was dragged to against my will to Step Up, the Channing Tatum movie, but I was pleasantly suprised. It was really good and (although it was intensely predictable) I really liked it. I know you are waiting for me to attack the soundtrack like one of Samuel L. Jackson's snakes but some of the songs had a classical/hip hop fusion (a classical base with fast paced heavy beats) which I should have hated but I find imensely interesting. "Show Me The Money" by Petey Pablo seems like any other rap song, save for the violins blaring (can violins blare?) out, which adds a nice twist. If anyone can find me a free mp3 of this song, I will be eternally grateful. Also, I'm looking for the "Black Mamba (Teddy Bear Remix)" by the Academy Is... in an mp3. Grazie.
More later,
Kit
LISTENING TO: 12:51 -The Strokes

2 Comments:
At 2:27 PM ,
Frapp said...
I LOVE Razorlight!!! Especially In the Morning (No relation to the song by The Coral, obviously) And Golden Touch!
At 5:19 PM ,
Lady Apple said...
i will have to check out Taladega Nights...i was wondering if it would be funny or just stupid...glad to hear it was good!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home